Speaking about the concepts of cars, today we will introduce you BMW iNEXT concept vehicle. The German automaker has now finally unveiled the concept iNEXT…
The Blue Lagoon is a geothermal spa, which is considered as one of the most visited attractions in Iceland. The spa is located in a lava field near Grindavík on the Reykjanes Peninsula.
The Blue Lagoon is approximately 20 km (12 mi) from Keflavík International Airport, and as we have mentioned above it is one of the most visited attractions in Iceland.
The History of Blue Lagoon
In 1976, a pool formed at the site from the waste water of the geothermal power plant that had just been built there. When the first person decided to try to bathe in the Blue Lagoon, in 1981, people weren’t all too sure about the idea. The first person to bathe in it was a young man called Valur Margeirsson. He had Psoriasis and wanted to try anything to help relieve the skin. He was the first one to name the water “The Blue Lagoon” or “Bláa Lónið”. In 1981, people started bathing in it after its supposed healing powers were popularized. According to Wikipedia in recent years, several cosmetics companies have begun marketing skin care products using mud purportedly extracted from the Blue Lagoon, their effectiveness still subject to debate.
Why Has Blue Lagoon Become One of the Most Visited Attractions?
The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland’s most visited attractions, and this is why.
- The beautiful milky-blue opaque water makes a stark contrast to the surrounding black lava field covered with dark green moss.
- The Blue Lagoon is a large lake that has the perfect temperature to bathe in, on average it’s 39°C/102°F.
- Combined with its excellent location and its soothing waters and rich skin nourishment, the Blue Lagoon quickly became Iceland’s most visited attraction, rivalled only by the Golden Circle sightseeing tour.
- The water is completely clean and does not contain any chemicals, only natural minerals that have proven to be very good for people’s skin.
- Since 1994 the Blue Lagoon has offered skin treatments for people suffering from Psoriasis. The Blue Lagoon Skin Treatment is one of the few natural treatments available for those suffering from Psoriasis, and the treatment can be continued at home.
This place is fantastic, after reading the article you may have a great eager to appear there for enjoying every moment in Blue Lagoon.
Source: guidetoiceland, Wikipedia