One of the favorite topics of our news is about moon landing. So, on this day (on September 20, 1970) the Soviet Union's Luna 16 moon probe landed on the moon.
Samsung Electronics announced the fifth generation of the Galaxy S series. The new Galaxy S5 offers consumers a refined experience with innovation of essential features for day-to-day use.
The Galaxy S5 combines an advanced camera, the fast network connectivity, dedicated fitness tools and enhanced device protection features as consumers stay fit and connected in style.
The new Galaxy S5 offers superior camera functionality, featuring a 16 megapixel camera with an enhanced menu and user interface that allow consumers to effortlessly take, edit and share photos.
The Galaxy S5 supports the fifth generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO, and supporting the large number of LTE frequency with LTE Category 4 standard. For consumers seeking an even faster connection, the Galaxy S5 now features Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi technology for boosting data speed by bonding Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously. No matter where a consumer is, the Galaxy S5 will help ensure they have the fastest available connection.
The Galaxy S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. It also offers a Finger Scanner, providing a secure, biometric screen locking feature and a seamless and safe mobile payment experience to consumers. The Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption. The device will be available globally through Samsung’s retail channels, e-commerce and carriers on April.
[flagallery gid=7 skin=minima_jn]
- LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps)
- LTE: 2.5GHz Quad core application processor
- 5.1” FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080), 432 ppi
- 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g
- Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- RAM : 2GB
- 16/32GB User Memory + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- WiFi : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80, MIMO(2×2)
- Download Booster (LTE + WiFi simultaneous reception)
- NFC, Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+
- USB 3.0
- IR Remote
- Additional Features
- IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant, Emergency Mode, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode
- Main(Rear) : 16MP (1/2.6”, Phase Detection AF)
- Sub (Front) : 2.0MP (1920 x 1080, Wide-angle lens )
- Camera Features
- HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot
- UHD@30fps, HDR, video stabilization
- Video Codec : H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, MP43, WMV7, WMV8, VP8
- Video Format : MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Audio Codec : MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/ AAC+/ eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC
- Audio Format : MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
- Standby time : 390 hrs (LTE) / Talk time: 21 hrs (WCDMA)
- Google Mobile Services*
- Chrome, Drive, Photos, Gmail, Google, Google+, Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Newsstand, Play Movie & TV, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search, YouTube
Galaxy Grand 5-Inch smartphone from Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge with Curved Display
Intel Announces First Smartphones with Lenovo and Motorola
Samsung Galaxy S III replaces TV remote,hotel check-in, keycard and AC control
Nokia Presented Nanotechnology Smartphone Concept
The Company Sharp Created a Phone with Two Notches
Samsung Releases World’s First Modular MicroLED TV
Magical Mirror Presents Users with Wealth of Information