Google has released a new core algorithm update, dubbed the “October 2023 Core Update.” This is the third core update to Google’s search ranking systems this year, following the March and August core updates.
Google has released its third core update of 2023, which is expected to take two weeks to fully roll out.
Core updates are broad changes to Google’s search algorithms and systems that are designed to improve the overall quality of search results. They can affect any website, regardless of size or industry.
Google says that the October 2023 core update is focused on improving the reliability of search results. The changes are expected to help Google better identify and rank high-quality content that is relevant to users’ queries.
As with previous core updates, Google is not providing any specific guidance on what site owners can do to prepare for or recover from the October 2023 update. However, Google does offer some general tips for improving the quality of your website content, including:
- Create high-quality content that is informative, engaging, and relevant to your target audience.
- Make sure your content is well-written and free of errors.
- Optimize your content for search engines, but avoid keyword stuffing and other black hat SEO tactics.
- Build backlinks from high-quality websites.
If you notice any changes in your website’s search rankings after the October 2023 core update, it’s important to stay calm and patient. Google says that it can take several weeks for the full impact of a core update to be felt. During this time, it’s important to continue to create high-quality content and promote your website in other ways.
Here are some additional tips for dealing with the October 2023 core update:
- Monitor your website’s search rankings and traffic. This will help you identify any changes that may have occurred after the update.
- Analyze your website’s content. See if there are any areas where you can improve the quality or relevance of your content.
- Fix any technical errors on your website. This includes things like broken links, 404 pages, and slow loading times.
- Continue to promote your website in other ways. This could include social media marketing, guest blogging, and email marketing.