Today on March 20 Google Doodle celebrates Spring Equinox 2019, a celestial event that marks as the beginning of spring in many cultures. Spring Equinox…
What are the main differences between Alligators and Crocodiles? We are suggesting you to know the differences between Alligators VS Crocodiles. Though the fact, that they are similar, these two animals belong to separate biological families.
Crocodiles or true crocodiles are large aquatic reptiles that live throughout the tropics in Africa, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Crocodile is classified as a biological subfamily. The term is sometimes used even more loosely to include all extant members of the order Crocodilia, which includes the alligators and caimans.
And an alligator is a crocodilian in the genus Alligator of the family Alligatoridae. The two living species are the American alligator. Additionally, several species of alligator are known from fossil remains.
So, there are some differences between Alligators VS Crocodiles, that we would like to call your attention.
- Snout shape: Alligators have the snout shape of U, while crocodile snout is more pointed and V-shaped.
- Place they live: Alligators can be only found in parts of the US and China, whereas crocodiles across the world.
- Home base: Crocodiles tend to live in saltwater habitats, while alligators hang out in freshwater marshes and lakes.
- Toothy grin: Crocodiles can’t hide their teeth, but alligators’ teeth are sometimes hidden when their mouths are closed. “Crocodiles often have many visible teeth sticking out over their lips, giving them a very jagged “smile,” but since an alligator’s upper jaw is wider than its lower, it can hide all its teeth when its mouth is closed”.
- Color: Alligators are darker than Crocodiles, the latter is lighter in color.
- Speed: As referred to the speed, alligators are more agile than crocodiles.
- Aggression. In terms of aggression, an alligator may be more friendly than a crocodile.
- Size. A full-grown crocodile will likely be several feet longer than an adult alligator.
Here are the main differences of these two reptiles. We hope that this article will be useful for you, and will increase your knowledge.
Source: owlcation.com, www.livescience.com
17 Unknown Pyramids in Egypt
Hubble Spotted New Evidence of Complex Organic Molecules on Pluto Surface
NASA Finds 2011 the Ninth Warmest Year Since 1880
NASA Reveals Cyclone Ethel Power
Felix Baumgartner Makes Successful Jump
Researchers Have Discoverd New Shark Species
Sperm Whale Was Found Dead After Swallowing 64 Pound of Plastic Debris
A Rare Attack by Dolphin Caught On Camera Shows How Aggressive Dolphin Can Be