Continuing our top 10 ranges, today we will write about top 10 largest cities in the world by land area.
Scientists at HRL Laboratories LLC, the California Institute of Technology, and the University of California at Irvine have invented a new material so light that even a feathery dandelion can comfortably hold its weight without having its little fluffy seeds mashed. With a density of only 0.9 mg/cm3, this material is an average of 100 times lighter than polystyrene and lighter aerogels from multiwalled carbon nanotubes, which is also called frozen smoke with a density of 4 mg/cm3. Although that the new material is 99.99 percent of the air, it can boast an impressive strength and energy absorption, which makes it potentially useful for many applications. The rest 0.01 percent of the material is micro-lattice of interconnected hollow nickel-phosphorus tubes with wall
thickness of 100 nanometers, that is a thousand times thinner than a human hair. The tubes are connected by each other in the nodes of lattice. In addition to its ultra low density, micro-architecture of lattice of new material gives it an extremely high ability to absorb energy. And also with pressure on the net, the tube doesn’t break down, and the construction of fully returning to its original shape even after shrinking by more than 50%.
NASA Airborne Radar Help Measure Magma of Hawaii Volcano
Floating System Converts the Wave Energy
Neurobiologists can turn organs invisible
Cotton Candy-Colored Lobster Is Very Rare Phenomenon
Scientists Created the Best Topographic Map of the Moon Using Observations NASA LRO
Solar Junction Set a New Record Efficiency Solar Cell
The Human Brain Analogous Computer
Chances to Clone a Mammoth