For the 50th anniversary NASA has released some beautiful Panoramas pictures of Apollo missions.
The human brain is one of the most significant organs in a human body which helps us think, remember, learn new things, make the most important decisions etc.
So today, it’s our pleasure to let you read top 10 facts about human brain which will arouse your interest.
The human brain has the same basic structure as other mammal brains but is larger in relation to body size than any other brains. But in general, men’s brains are 10% bigger than women’s, even after taking into account larger body size.
Tha facts are as follows;
- Your brain weighs about three pounds.
- The typical brain comprises about 2% of the body’s total weight, but uses 20% of its total energy and oxygen intake.
- It comprises 60% of fat and is one of the fattest organs in the human body.
- Albert Einstein’s brain weighed 2.71 pounds (1,230 grams) — 10% smaller than the average of 3 pounds (1,400 grams).
- The average female brain has a volume of 1,131 cm3.
- It contains about 86 billion nerve cells (neurons) — the “gray matter.”
- The blood vessels that are present in the brain are almost 100,000 miles in length.
- No one knows for sure, but the latest estimate is that our brains contain roughly 86 billion brain cells.
- Babies have big heads to hold rapidly growing brains. A 2-year-old’s brain is 80% of adult size.
- Your brain can process an image that your eyes have seen for as little as 13 milliseconds — less time than it takes for you to blink.
The largest part of the human brain is the cerebrum, which is divided into two hemispheres, according to the Mayfield Clinic. So if you liked our post top 10 facts about human brain, feel free to take comments and suggest which kind of topics you want to see in our website.
Source: Text; www.livescience.com, sciencefirst.com, bebrainfit.com
Image credit; believeperform.com
The Human Brain Analogous Computer
For the first time scientists published three-dimensional map of brain
Tiny Spiders Think With Their Legs
Rorqual Whales New Sensory Organ
Light-emitting diodes implant will allow operating the brain functions
FMRI may help The Scientists to observe Human Brain
Brain Controlled Car
Helicopter controlled by force of thoughts