A new species of gold frog has been found in an unexplored mountain in southwestern Ethiopia. The species were discovered in just two days after…
Blood moon is one of the most discussed topics in these days, each of us when time came, looked up to the sky to enjoy the Blood Moon. We think, it will be very interesting to see some photos about rare phenomenon from different kinds of places.
But before watching the wonderful photos, let us introduce interesting facts about Blood Moon.
- This is the second and last lunar eclipse of 2018. The first one, a Super Blue Blood Eclipse, we witnessed on January 31, 2018.
- The Moon is completely covered by the Earth’s umbra for 103 minutes, making this eclipse the longest total lunar eclipse of the 21st century.
- The next time we will see a similarly long eclipse on August 6/7, 2036, which will last for 6 hours and 12 minutes from start to finish.
- While Mars is visible in the night sky almost all year round, it can get extremely bright every few years. This happens when Mars and the Sun are in opposition, meaning that they are on opposite sides of the Earth. This takes place every 26 months. In 2018, it happened on July 27.
- Noah Petro, a planetary geologist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, said “What controls the duration of the lunar eclipse is the position of the moon as it passes through the Earth’s shadow”. The darkest part of Earth’s shadow is called the umbra. You can picture the umbra as a cone extending from Earth in the opposite direction to the sun, Petro explained. “The moon can either graze through the cone, or go right through the middle. That [the middle] gets a longer-duration eclipse,” he said. “This time, the moon is passing closer to the center of that cone, and it’s therefore a little bit longer than the eclipse we had back in January.”
Source: Text -timeanddate.com, Forcetoknow.com
Photos – www.express.co.uk
Total Lunar Eclipse on December 10
The Last Blue Moon in 2018 In Photos
What If Other Planets Were as Close as the Moon?
Do Not Miss the Chance to See Bright Star Aldebaran- We Can’t See It Until 2033
The Longest Blood Moon 2018 Will Happen On July 27
Watch Blood Moon Full Lunar Eclipse Live
We Will Witness Super Blood Wolf Moon On January 2019
Scientists Find Rain on Saturn Largest Moon Titan