For the 50th anniversary NASA has released some beautiful Panoramas pictures of Apollo missions.
Dark Energy is so mysterious phenomenon that always arouse humans interest to know and discover more and more about it. So speaking about dark energy we are surely can say that it is more unknown than known. And what about Dark matter, it is also the same, we are much more certain what dark matter is not than we are what it is. But the observations about dark matter will be in our next post.
So let’s come up with some mysterious facts and secrets about dark energy
Before passing to introduce the facts about dark energy, now we would like to call your attention to describe why it is called dark energy. Currently scientists suggest us three sorts of descriptions and explanations.
- The first description or explanation is “It was a result of long-discarded version of Einstein’s theory of gravity that was called “cosmological constant”.
- The second explanation is “There was some extraordinary kind of energy-fluid that filled space”.
- And third one is “Maybe there is something wrong with Einstein’s theory of gravity and a new theory could include some kind of field that creates this cosmic acceleration”.
Which one is correct still remains unknown, but theorists have given the solution: A NAME. They named it dark energy. Now it is high time to pass on the facts.
- FACT ONE – It is found out that 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest – everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of astronomer’s instruments, all normal matter – adds up to less than 5% of the universe.
- FACT TWO– Dark energy is a property of space. What does it mean? Albert Einstein was the first person who realized that empty space is not nothing. Space has wonderful properties, many of which are just beginning to be understood. The first property that Einstein discovered is that it is possible for more space to come into existence. As more space comes into existence, more of this energy-of-space would appear. As a result of it, this form of energy would cause the universe to expand faster and faster.
- FACT THREE– Space acquires energy comes from the quantum theory of matter. According to this theory, “empty space” is full of temporary (“virtual”) particles that repeatedly form and then disappear. But when physicists tried to calculate how much energy this would give empty space, the answer came out wrong. The number came out 10120 times too big. That’s a 1 with 120 zeros after it. So it is difficult to find the answer, that’s why the mystery continues.
- FACTS FOUR– Another explanation for dark energy is a new kind of dynamical energy fluid or field, something that fills all of space but something whose effect on the expansion of the universe. Some theorists have named this “quintessence,” after the fifth element of the Greek philosophers. But, if quintessence is the answer, it still again remains undiscovered. Mystery goes on.
- FACT FIVE– Ultimately the probability of Einstein’s theory of gravity is not true. This fact would provide a way to decide if the solution to the dark energy problem is a new gravity theory or not: it would give physics to observe how galaxies come together in cluster. “But if it does turn out that a new theory of gravity is needed, what kind of theory would it be? How could it correctly describe the motion of the bodies in the Solar System, as Einstein’s theory is known to do. There are candidate theories, but none are compelling”. Therefore the mystery again continues.
So the mysterious secrets about dark energy are still undiscovered and to deicide the dark energy possibilities – a property of space, a new dynamic fluid, or a new theory of gravity – is required more data, better data.
Watch How Cosmonauts Play Soccer in Space
Space X Launches Falcon 9 Rocket
Solar Minimums and their influence on Earth
NASA opened solar observatory with Iris device for studying the Sun
European ATV-3 Cargo Ship Launches to the Space Station
Scientists Have Discovered New Type of Alien Planet
Glenn Marks 50 Years Since Historic Spaceflight
Mars Rover will Spend Winter on Greeley Haven