Continuing our top 10 ranges, today, we will introduce you one of the most interesting topics which is called top 10 tallest buildings around the…
Our solar system is home with 8 amazing planets. There are small, rocky, big and gassy planets. Some are so hot that metals would melt on the surface, and some are freezing cold. Every planet has its unique features and mysteries, that are really fascinating. Mercury is one of four terrestrial planets in the Solar System, and is a rocky body like Earth. In this article we will introduce 10 curious facts about Mercury that will arouse your interest. So the facts are as follow:
1. Mercury is the smallest planet of all the 8 planets in our Solar System. It’s just a little bigger than Earth’s moon.
2. Along with Venus, Earth, and Mars, Mercury is one of the rocky planets. It has a solid surface that is covered with craters.
3. Mercury is the second hottest planet. While Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun, Venus has a higher average temperature than Mercury.
4. If you lived on Mercury, you’d have a birthday every three months.
5. A day on Mercury is not like a day here on Earth. For us, the sun rises and sets each and every day. Because Mercury has a slow spin and short year, it takes a long time for the sun to rise and set there. Mercury has only one sunrise every 180 Earth days.
6. It has the greatest amount of craters of any planet.
7. Mercury has water ice on it.
8. We have only sent visitors to Mercury twice, because Mercury is so close to the Sun, it makes sending objects to Mercury difficult and keeping objects in orbit even more difficult.
9. It is named after the Roman messenger of the gods.
10. The planet is one of a handful that can be viewed without the aid of a telescope.
The Most Detailed Pictures of the Moon
MESSENGER Reveals Colors of Mercury
Top 10 Largest Stars In The Universe
Top 10 Astronomical events soon come in 2018
AI Based Lunar Mapping Technology Found 6000 New Moon Craters
Top 10 Smallest Dog Breeds Around the World
Top 10 Disappeared Civilizations In All Time
What Is the Tallest Tree in the World?