So today we will introduce you top 10 fact about Google that you may not know.
Dark Matter is one of the mysterious phenomenon in space. We know very little about it. So Dark matter is a theorized form of matter that is believed to account for approximately 80% of the mass of matter in the universe, and about a quarter of its total energy density. We are suggesting you to know top 10 Dark Matter facts that is worth reading.
- One of the Dark Matter facts is that it is not in the form of stars and planets that we see. Observations show that there is far too little visible matter in the universe to make up the 27% required by the observations.
- Second, it is not in the form of dark clouds of normal matter, matter made up of particles called baryons.
- Third, Dark Matter is not antimatter, because scientists do not see the unique gamma rays that are produced when antimatter annihilates with matter.
- Most experts consider Dark Matter to be ubiquitous in the universe and has strongly affected its structure and evolution.
- The first person who suggested the existence of Dark matter was Dutch astronomer Jacobus Kapteyn in 1922.
- The name Dark Matter refers to the fact that it does not appear to interact with observable electromagnetic radiation, such as light, making it extremely difficult to detect using usual astronomical equipment.
- One of the Dark Matter facts is that 68% of the universe is dark energy, so Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest – everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of astronomer’s instruments, all normal matter – adds up to less than 5% of the universe.
- Dark matter is classified as cold, warm, or hot according to its velocity. Current models favor a cold Dark Matter scenario, in which structures emerge by gradual accumulation of particles.
- There are still many mysteries about Dark Matter that need to be unfolded, but astronomers and physicists have gathered evidence about its presence.
- Astronomers have also considered that Dark Matter may be supermassive black holes (single points of infinite mass and gravity formed from the collapse of burned-out massive stars) at the centers of galaxies.
Source: Wikipedia, NASA
Discovery Shuttle Arrives at Space Station
HiRISE Camera Catches Twister in Action
Astronomers Discovered Trojan Companion of Earth
Hubble Movies Provide New Details about Stellar Birthing Process
NASA Planned to Build a Starshade for Hunting Alien Planets
Physicists Found New Traces of Dark Matter Particles
Soccer Ball Nebula Kronberger 61 Can Help Solve Space Mystery
This Is the First Time When Mars Helicopter Flies on Mars