Speaking about the concepts of cars, today we will introduce you BMW iNEXT concept vehicle. The German automaker has now finally unveiled the concept iNEXT…
Today, we have listed top 10 facts about Jupiter, that is worth knowing. Jupiter is the largest planet that we know of now. It’s similar to a star, but it never got big enough to start burning. It has big storms like the Great Red Spot, which has been going for hundreds of years. Jupiter also has rings, but they’re too faint to see very well. So there are many facts about Jupiter that is really fascinating, but we distinguished top 10 facts which is the most interesting.
1. Jupiter is the Largest planet in our solar system. Its volume is 1321 times larger than Earth and its mass is 318 times larger than Earth.
2. It is named after the Roman God Jupiter.
3. It is the 4th brightest object in the sky after the Sun, Moon and Venus. It is bright enough to cast shadows on Earth.
4. At least Jupiter has 67 moons. The four largest are Lo, Europa, Callisto, and Ganymede.
5. Jupiter has faint, dusty rings. So it is hard to see that they were not discovered until 1979.
6. The Great Red Spot on Jupiter is a storm that is twice the size of Earth and has been active for as a minimum 300 years.
7. It has the fastest rotation in the solar system. It completes a rotation every 10 hours which is fast enough to cause a bulge the equator.
8. Jupiter magnetosphere (blue haze) is the largest object in the solar system. If it could be seen, it would appear to be three times larger than the full moon from Earth.
9. It puts out a large amount of radiation.
10. Astronomers are not sure when Jupiter was discovered. It is visible to the unaided eye and the references have been found dating back to 7th or 8th century BC.