So today we will introduce you top 10 fact about Google that you may not know.
Here we call your attention introducing top 10 facts about largest moon Ganymede. Planets and asteroids orbit the Sun. Moons—also known as natural satellites—orbit planets and asteroids. Moons come in many shapes, sizes and types. Most are airless, but a few have atmospheres and even hidden oceans. There are hundreds of moons in our solar system—even a few asteroids have small companion moons. Our website has an article [The Largest Moons of Jupiter] that you may click here to learn more about Jupiter’s largest moons. And now let’s see top 10 facts about the largest moon Ganymede.
- Ganymede moon is 8% larger than the planet Mercury.
- Largest moon has the lowest moment of inertia factor of any solid body in the Solar System.
- Ganymede is the only Moon that has a magnetic field.
- Ganymede is composed of approximately equal amounts of silicate rock and water ice.
- On January 7, 1610, Galileo Galilei observed what he thought were three stars near Jupiter, including what turned out to be Ganymede.
- One important feature on largest moon is a dark plain named Galileo Regio, which contains a series of concentric grooves, or furrows, likely created during a period of geologic activity.
- The Galileo craft made six close flybys of Ganymede from 1995–2000 and discovered that Ganymede has a permanent (intrinsic) magnetic moment independent of the Jovian magnetic field.
- Its diameter of 5,268 km is 0.41 times that of Earth, 1.02 times that of Saturn’s Titan (the second-largest moon).
- Ganymede orbits Jupiter in roughly seven days and is in a 1:2:4 orbital resonances with the moons Europa and Io, respectively.
- The satellite’s name was soon suggested by astronomer Simon Marius, after the mythological Ganymede, cupbearer of the Greek gods and Zeus’s lover.
Study of Pluto Moons May be Dangerous For New Horizons Spacecraft
Who are These 12 Astronauts That Landed on Moon?
Tiny Planet Mercury May Be Hiding Water Ice
Cassini Spots New Images of Saturn Moon Enceladus
Cassini Will be Making its Closest Swoop Over Surface of Saturn Moon Dione
European Space Agency Robot
India Launch Chandrayaan-2 Moon Mission on July 22
12 New Jupiter Moons Has Been Discovered Orbiting the Giant Planet