The Curiosity rover, which is designed to explore Mars, has found an ancient oasis on Mars. Researchers working with the Curiosity rover have found salt-enriched…
The Moon is an astronomical body that orbits planet Earth. It is our natural orbit. It is the fifth largest natural satellite in the Solar System, and the largest among planetary satellites relative to the size of the planet that it orbits. We know more and more facts about our Moon owing to the Innovative technology. Today we will introduce you the most top 10 facts about Moon that will arouse your interest.
1. The Moon was formed when a rock the size of Mars slammed into Earth, shortly after the solar system began forming about 4.5 billion years ago, according to the leading theory.
2. A full day on the Moon is 29.5 Earth days. That means you would have to wait almost 30 days to from sunrise to sunrise.
3. Neil Armstrong is the first person that reached to the Moon, by the way after that 12 people also walked on the Moon.
4. The lowest temperature on the Moon is minus-280 degrees Fahrenheit and highest 260 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Each year the Moon is moving away from us approximately 3,78 cm.
6. If we have opportunity to travel by car from Earth to the Moon it will take us 6 months to get there at the speed of 65 mph.
7. Moon is not totally round. Actually it is more oval shaped.
8. The United States in 1950s planned to realize a secret task which is called “Project A119”, also known “A Study of Lunar Research Flights” and exploded a nuclear bomb on the Moon to test the effects of nuclear explosion in outer space.
9. There is a nearly perfect symmetry when a solar eclipse occurs because surprisingly the Sun is larger than the Moon by 400 times and also 400 times farther away from the Earth than the Moon.
10. Your weight on the Moon is 16.5% of you real weight.
Source: Space.com, exploredia.com
NASA Has Just Captured New Image of Jupiter
Black Moon Is Going to Happen on July 31
First Global Images of Earth are Received
Some Alien Planets Could Be Made of Diamonds
Solar Flares Were Three Times More Powerful than Previously Thought
Shuttle Discovery Successfully Returned to Earth
The First Detected Hydrogen Peroxide in the Interplanetary Space
Two More Solar Flares Erupted from the Sun on March 10