So today we will introduce you top 10 fact about Google that you may not know.
The Moon is an astronomical body that orbits planet Earth. It is our natural orbit. It is the fifth largest natural satellite in the Solar System, and the largest among planetary satellites relative to the size of the planet that it orbits. We know more and more facts about our Moon owing to the Innovative technology. Today we will introduce you the most top 10 facts about Moon that will arouse your interest.
1. The Moon was formed when a rock the size of Mars slammed into Earth, shortly after the solar system began forming about 4.5 billion years ago, according to the leading theory.
2. A full day on the Moon is 29.5 Earth days. That means you would have to wait almost 30 days to from sunrise to sunrise.
3. Neil Armstrong is the first person that reached to the Moon, by the way after that 12 people also walked on the Moon.
4. The lowest temperature on the Moon is minus-280 degrees Fahrenheit and highest 260 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Each year the Moon is moving away from us approximately 3,78 cm.
6. If we have opportunity to travel by car from Earth to the Moon it will take us 6 months to get there at the speed of 65 mph.
7. Moon is not totally round. Actually it is more oval shaped.
8. The United States in 1950s planned to realize a secret task which is called “Project A119”, also known “A Study of Lunar Research Flights” and exploded a nuclear bomb on the Moon to test the effects of nuclear explosion in outer space.
9. There is a nearly perfect symmetry when a solar eclipse occurs because surprisingly the Sun is larger than the Moon by 400 times and also 400 times farther away from the Earth than the Moon.
10. Your weight on the Moon is 16.5% of you real weight.
Source: Space.com, exploredia.com
Top 10 Facts about Eris Dwarf Planet
Why is Pluto No Longer Considered a Planet?
Solar Storms Could Significantly Erode Lunar Surface
Space Photos Show a New Island in the Red Sea
One of the Biggest Flare of the Solar Cycle
Moon Can Be Rare Within Universe
Mysterious Space Object Crashed in Namibia
Scientists Could Discover a New Class of Asteroids